The initial consultation
You can have the initial interview here at the clinic or on a virtual platform. The conversation is completely non-binding and is based on your specific situation, possibly previous fertility treatments and examinations.
Before the interview, please complete the electronic journal. If there are any questions about the actual filling in, we are of course available.
We have a great desire to support you in the best way possible throughout your entire course at the clinic and thus give you the best conditions to have your wish for a child fulfilled.
At Danfert & Stork fertility clinic in Copenhagen, we offer all our Danish customers a free advisory and guidance start-up conversation with our fertility therapist about the psychological and social consequences of childlessness and fertility treatment.
During this interview, you will, among other things, few:
Information about stress and anxiety as well as tools for how you can identify, manage and reduce stress symptoms during your treatment.
Information about the “critical periods” and difficult dilemmas in a fertility process, and what you need to be aware of in order to manage your process as best as possible.
Knowledge about the influence of fertility treatment on the couple and your close relationships, as well as tools for how you can best support each other and communicate with the outside world/your network.
Exercises and tools for increased self-care, so you can maintain balance and quality of life during the treatment.
Knowledge of loss and grief reactions.
The advisory and guidance start-up conversation with our fertility therapist will be free for our Danish customers and will be included in several of our packages.
Mille Duzenius is the clinic’s permanent fertility therapist. She offers supportive, advisory or therapeutic talks to the individual or couple who might need help dealing with the psychological burdens that often accompany when undergoing fertility treatment.
Mille is a trained psychotherapist and couples therapist specializing in the psychological and social consequences of involuntary childlessness and fertility treatment. Mille is a former family counselor and supervisor and has many years of experience in counseling children and families.
Mille Duzenius has extensive experience in helping different types of patients and she is very keen on ensuring that all patients feel met and respected during their counseling sessions.
She can, among other things, support you with:
- dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings
- pregnancy loss.
- relationship problems
- to balance everyday life with fertility treatment.
- managing other people’s pregnancies
- dealing with friends, families and colleagues.
- Discussions of thoughts, feelings and your options going forward when making decisions to change or stop treatments.
- To understand your options for using donor eggs or donor sperm.
- Your pregnancy and parenting after fertility treatment.
Mille offers physical conversations in the clinic, online conversations or telephone conversations.
You can book an appointment with Mille by contacting the clinic or by writing directly to Mille by email: email@example.com
Blood tests and examinations
Fertility treatment requires some specific tests and tests before we can start. Some are necessary according to Danish legislation, others to be able to plan the most effective treatment for you. All the tests can be taken at the clinic. It is also possible to have them performed via your own doctor. The following tests are required at startup:
- HIV 1 and 2: Anti-HIV-1/2.
- Hepatitis B: HBsAg
- (Hepatitis B virus surface antigen) AND Anti-HBc (Hepatitis B core antibody).
- Hepatitis C: Anti-HCV Ab.
- According to Danish legislation, these samples must be analyzed in a laboratory which is certified according to the Tissue Act.
- Unfortunately, we do not have approval to treat you if you are infected with HIV, hepatitis B or C.
- Chlamydia: inoculation or urinalysis (must be no more than 6 months old).
- Smear: screening for cell changes at the cervix (must be max. 3 years old).
- AMH (anti-Müller Hormone, which tells about your egg reserve).
- TPO and TSH measure your metabolism.
- Rubella (rubella).
If you have a male partner whose sperm is to be used for the treatment, he must also have taken HIV and Hepatitis B + C tests (see above).